Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fan page this...

I cannot stand fan pages. You do not get a fan page because you workout. Not even if you hold some stupid world record in eating the most hotdogs in 1/10th of a second. You know who should have a fan page? No one but people sellin' stuff, you know like hookers, schmoes and the bi-lo bonus card. My first thought on a fan page is why does this person consider themselves worthy of a fan page... Then it hits me. They are an affffflete! I forgot, no wait, I do remember, ATHLETES get paid to workout or train or lift or whatever it is they do.

The onslaught of over 20 plus pages of people making themselves a page has just led me to contempt for people who lift, I mean is it not enough to just post a vid or two and a status? Laura Phelps Sweatt, the labelled Queen of Iron is without a fan page and I guarantee she out lifts more than anyone I know, yet YOU deserve a fan page??

I seem to think there is some shameless self promotion in this fan page crap and I guess part of me gets that (I do have a blog and an open Instagram account and I do pimp out my husbands blog and the facts that he writes programs (schultzestrength.blogspot.com) but neither of us will ever open a fan page.

Just like my last blog I will piss off a couple people in here, but such is life, well mine at least.

Training has gone well with my biggest issue being stones. I guess this puts a big target on my back, just coming out and admitting that, but like anything else, with exposure, I will get better.

I am also working on my double unders and speed for strongman (easiest way) and maybe later for a cf meet or whatever it is they do.

Now onto the mommy part of my blog...

I want to know who in the fuck made a zillion kinds of sippy cups, my life is not difficult enough I have to dissect and touch each one in addition to checking for bpa, durability, guarantees, germ issues and safety hazards so now, I feel like a fucking engineer. (Run on sentence anyone?)

Honey. For all the things we are told not to eat and avoid WHY am I having to tell a million people local honey for allergies? Whhhhhhhhhhy? It is a sweetener, it is delicious. You can use it as a wax, a lube, or maybe even use it for "that head cold"!!! Errrrmygerd.

I plan to tackle the sleep issue in another blog, but for now, I must admit between watching a mother not care that her child is ready to nap (and me having to listen to it) and just sleepy grumpy ass kids in general, I am ready to do that blog up with guns a blazin.

Btw, I plan to do my first CrossFit box war this weekend... This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment