Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mark my own words...

Not even two blog posts ago I posted about needing unity in pl... More importantly and specifically women's pl THEN yesterday I find out some mutual friends or rather I thought mutual friends thought it ok to call out my spouse in not so many words. Okay.... I get it. I do not like Brandon Lily. I am pretty sure people know that including Brandon himself... However, I do not (nor does my spouse) downgrade Lily's numbers. The guy HAS pulled 805 raw. That is pretty legit. On that same note my husband has pretty much been top 5ish (because we all know it varies) since getting serious about pl. It was termed that he knows nothing about strength because he is still "green".

Let me stop a moment here. My last post was modesty. I am NOT bragging on myself here, I AM posting this without my husband knowing... he is very modest imo for what the guy has been through... My husband has suffered the following thoughout training: shoulder surgery, two pec tears (one minimal), a non healing ulcer on his shins, the test level of a chick until two years ago, sleep apnea, ever changing work schedule and if that is NOT enough, missing lifting days and weeks because our daughter had surgery or did not feel well or needed something. My point to the last couple sentences is this: his training is less than ideal. More so less in the past year. YET he has a 775 squat a 575 bench and a 750 pull. Those numbers are medicore? You do not have anyone as strong to train with you locally??? Really? My husband obviously knows NOTHING about lifting coming from all of that and putting up those numbers in addition to writing me, who in six months and drug free has gotten my numbers back pretty close to pre pregnancy? I mean I did the work but he wrote me.

Sooooo, back to the beginning of my post. Unity of women's pl. I had to remove a female pl from my fb page after I was made aware of the post. I will not stand by and allow a good man, much less the love of my life be trash talked. It is enough that this same pl chick is friends with the couple we compete against, the same couple who (in my opinion here) spoke to our gym owner like he was insignificant and the same couple who when I asked to train with the female part of the couple was told no. It is all good. I honestly wish you guys luck in finding that gym/unity that gives you what you want without being kicked out.

Michael and myself have found a good gym. We respect Wade, he respects us (why do you think he asked us to check out his gym?) It is CROSSFIT. I despise CrossFit, they will never be as strong as pl yet they get so much coverage and it pisses me off BUT LET ME BE CLEAR powerlifting needs to pick up the cf love. Why? Cf has true love for one another. Cannot lift it? Your yelled at untill you try! Hit a PR? Ten people tell you awesome. Going to regionals? They help with snacks! No way to lift that day? Your partner watches your kid. Need help with technique? They watch your vid and offer to help. Fucking grumpy and sore and you just wanna fuck some weight up? They leave you be and let you turn on hatebreed. I love it. Cindy, Tara and both of the Meetzes have been awesome to us and in turn we try to do the same. It does not always have to be a gift. A great word or even a suggestion is always a great "gift". "Gifts"unite people. Amelya is my "gift" daily, so is Michael and my grandparents.. And so is my gym, they all make me better and I love them.

**Side note: several years ago suggestions were not wanted by myself yet a friend Suzanne Hedman always offered them and eventually I totally warmed up to them/her and I appreciate her opening my eyes to being more open to critique.

In ending I should remind you all I am a powerlifting MOMMY so, in that turn I really want to hit up a few kid subjects. Allergy season is among us. Many of you know that I really have to be more all natural than most because of her heart. On that note I started Amelya on local (Pickens) honey since 9 months. A spoon a day. We have had no issues with allergies. If she gets symptomatic we give 3ml of elderberry syrup until symptoms resolve. Adults can do this too!! I also highly suggest looking into alternate forms of sunscreen (deet free) like skin so soft, mosquito stickers or citronella spray! Now.... Onto sunscreen. It has been getting a lot of publicity. It really is full of junk. I have been giving Amelya 5ml of cod liver oil and only use facial sunscreen. They have to be on cod liver oil two weeks before sun protection can occur and they must hydrate well!!! I also must include the benefits of high fish oil levels (dha/EPA) like cholesterol decreases, joint health, sleep! You can get the stuff super cheap at Walmart and Amelya takes it like a pro.

I think that is it for now... Gotta feed the kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment