Thursday, June 26, 2014

Soap recipe

Soap recipe...

1 bar of fels napetha (cheapest at walmart, I tried zote, allergic to ivory)
1 cup of WASHING soda
1 cup of BAKING soda or borax (both work the same IMO)
1 cup of oxyclean or biz (again both work the same)
Dawn soap (blue)
Vinegar
Tea Tree oil
2 Large Mason jars (or at least one and then another recycled one)

Added supplies dependent on type:

For liquid soap:

Blender

Extra Mason jar or the like

For powder:

Protien jug
 
Cheese grader
  

                                  

To make the powder:

For every soap bar graded add one cup of washing soda and baking soda OR borax as well as oxyclean OR biz (cheaper).

I use this on anything I am ok with repelling (work clothes, gym clothes and towels) but every other week I add 10 drops of tea tree and 5 drops of  dawn blue and every other week from that vinegar (cup)   for smell and buildup.



The cloth diaper/ sensitive items soap recipe I use:
                             
1 scoop of baking soda/oxyclean/washing soda

I also use tea tree, vinegar and dawn dependent on the cloth.



The liquid version of my gym/regular and work clothes:

Chop up fels napetha into 1/8th sections. Using boiling water put soap and water into the Mason jar, tighten and set upside down. In the morning, open and pour gooey mess out and add a cup to a cup and a half of boiling water plus 1 cup baking soda or borax and oxyclean, place bottom of blender blade onto Mason jar and blend till creamy.  I use one spoon for normal clothes and And two for work clothes.

***Note: zote is really fatty and super hard to work with but is half the price. The dawn has to be the original. The vinegar can be apple cider or white. I am not sure about ivory because I am allergic to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment