Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Vitamins, training and speech oh my!!!

So... 

After several other issues since my last update with A we are now on Natures Vitality Calm for kids. A is not hyper, but focused. She enjoys playing but it I usually it is very involved and exploring all aspects which eventually leads to her not eating well. So, I found a multi mix, gmo free and full of raw good for you things like fish oil, veges, fruits, bcaa and the normal vitamins and minerals. I started her on two tbsp a day mixed with oj. She is on day four. So far nothing big yet, but I do notice when she misses gym days with me. Apparently A loves being as active as we are. She missed Thursday because of speech and was a grumpy monkey the rest of the day. This leads me to believe we are doing right by her. 

We are also facing a consult for multiple therapies for her. I prefer not to go into detail, but it has angered me only because for months I have indicated a need and it feels like it is taking forever to get a licensed therapist out. It is nice to know her therapies are paid for until 3, but it seems like it may not start until 3 at this point. 

On another aspect I have veered away from powerlifting and into Strongwoman. I had high hopes that strongman would be different from powerlifting, but I am wrong it just has less weirdos than pl. I have asked and received help from a handful of MEN amateurs and one very good sponsored sm but not one single female. I tend to think this is because Strongwoman has less participants, but so does powerlifting; regardless I am very use to being the exclusion being as I never trained Westside, will not ever touch the cube and 5/3/1 is just not for me and with Strongwoman, you can train but there is no set program. 

Strongwoman training:

I do know this: I need stone work. I need front squats. I need high pulls and upper back strength. I need endurance. I will program this in as well as the normal squat, Deadlift and OHP. I am also going to start walking with A with a weight vest on to help. 

SN: this blog was written before this "pro" thing went on. I have one thought.. I see faults on both sides and I wish to keep that to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment